Thank you to the lovely Genevieve (aka Just A Lady With A Blog) for nominating me for this award! I greatly appreciate and am feeling the blogger (and Canadian) love. I highly recommend checking out her post and all the lovely nominees, as well as her entire blog.
So I lifted the rules and questions from her blog..let’s begin!
- Put the Award logo on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you, linking back to their site
- Answer 10 questions the person asked you
- Nominate 10 blogs and notify them
- Write 10 new questions for them
- What does being a woman mean to you?
To me, it means having freedom of choice and the ability to offer the world so much. So many factors in growth, development, health and education skyrocket in improvement when WOMEN are given a great foundation to stand on. That to me speaks volumes of the importance of women and frankly, I love that.
- What is one song that makes you feel empowered?
Hmm. Can’t say I listen to songs for empowerment.
- How would you describe you style?
I jokingly tell my friends I am a black hole that sucks the energy from the bright sun that is their personality. I love dressing in black, am kinda pessimistic, but I like to think of it as realism. I don’t do bright colours, and really love neutral palettes – taupes, forest green, black, beige etc. A dark turtleneck, black pants, black chelseas and a long coat are my go-to outfit.
- What cheers you up when you’re feeling down?
Playing video games. Makeup. Spending time with my friends and family.
- What is you proudest moment/achievement?
When I got into medical school. I had been struggling a couple years to get in, and when it finally happened I couldn’t handle it. I wept. lol.
- City girl or nature seeker?
City girl! Through and through.
- What is your most treasured travel souvenir?
I can’t say I have one? We went to on a trip to London when I was really young, and my mom bought me a green coat and madeleine hat from Harrods. I still have the hat..its too small for my head. haha.
- If you could (safely) keep any animal as a pet, what would it be?
A kitten! But my siamese fighting fish is doing me just fine for now 🙂
- What’s your favourite blog post you’ve written?
Hmm, I don’t have a ton of posts, but I really love my Slayin or Playin series. It’s fun to dissect a brand and give you guys the run down on whats good/bad.
- Who inspires you most?
My parents. They’re hard working immigrants who came to Canada with nothing, managed to buy a home, raise 4 kids and put us through university and beyond. They’re the epitome of hard work.
- yaa lia
- Mrs. Strawberry Blonde
- simple ula
I’m going to cheat and just use these questions for you all 🙂
Please go out and read these blogs! Happy Wednesday everyone ♥
Until next time,