Hello and happy Sunday Fishies!!
I am so excited to be writing about my first Liebster Award!
Thank you to the talented and lovely staticgypsy for nominating me! Please go check out her blog, it’s so lovely and informative 🙂
So here are the rules:
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 11 other blogs with under 200 followers and ask them 11 questions (let them know you nominated them)
Let’s get started!
1) 11 Facts About Me
- I live in Canada 🙂 The West Coast to be exact!
- I attend medical school
- I’ve lived in the same city my whole life and attended high school, university and professional school here
- i love love love love video games (almost as much as makeup)
- i freakin’ love candles and i burn them all year round (3-wicks from Bath and Body are my faaaaav)
- i own a beautiful Siamese fighting fish
- i’ve been with my high school sweetheart for 8 years
- i’m the youngest of 4
- nerd alert: i love star wars
- my one true vice in life is Pepsi – I will literally die without it
2) Questions from my Nominator
- How did you get into blogging?
I was looking for an outlet to be expressive…I initially thought about a Youtube channel but I was too shy, inexperienced and didn’t have the time to dedicate to it. I still wanted to talk about makeup/beauty so I figured a blog would be the perfect thing.
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Oh man. That’s a hard one.. my traditional food at home always has white rice as part of our meals..so I would have to say, some type of protein curry with rice (preferably made by my mom, lol)
- What’s your favourite outfit for special occasions and why?
I love wearing a white/cream dress with a similar light coloured coat. I feel like cream/whites just look so classy and you can wear it to any event.
- What advice would you give your younger self?
Enjoy yourself. Everything will work out.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Honestly, as much as people make fun of Canada, I would stay here. There’s no place like home, you know?
- What’s your worst beauty habit?
Incessantly buying products I don’t need…that and needing to bake my undereye every time I wear concealer.
- What’s your biggest pet peeve and why?
Flaking. I hate people who flake and cancel plans last minute. I value my time a lot and if I make time for you, you better have enough respect for me to honour that.
- If you could spend one day in any era from history, which one would it be and why?
Hmm. Probably in pre-colonial Southern Asia (aka India before it got split up). I would want to know what the country was like before it got torn apart by bullshit.
- What do you enjoy most about blogging and the blog community?
Honestly, I love how supportive the community is. I feel like the trolls you see stalking Youtube forget about the bloggersphere, and so everyone is here to support one another, and there isn’t much tearing down of folks. It’s just so positive.
- You have 60 seconds to grab your most loved items before everything vanishes into thin air. What do you grab?
Easy – concealer, an eyebrow pencil, mascara, black pants, combat boots, my backpack, a watch and my phone.
- Which beauty product has been the biggest disappointment for you and why?
Hmmm. I think the one product that was expensive and disappointed me the most was my Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation. That stupid foundation oxidizes so badly on my skin i turn orange. And I spent $40 on it. Talk about a waste of money!
3) My Nominees 🙂
- Carrie’s Beauty Pouch
- I know my Makeup
4) My Questions for Them
- What’s your favourite beauty/skin care product?
- What is your dream job?
- Why do you blog?
- Chocolate or Vanilla ice cream?
- What’s your favourite movie? (of alllllll time)
- Where you live, is it hot, cold, rainy, etc?
- You leave the house one day without your phone and you can’t go back: What do you do?
- If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- What’s your staple go-to outfit?
- Are your a morning person or a night owl?
- What’s your favourite hobby?
Thank you again for the nomination, and everyone please go check out these blogs!
Until next time 🙂